Farmers Market Season is in full swing, and Charlotte's got plenty of them. The big question is which one is best for me? Let's explore some basics of each market in the Charlotte area.
- Tues - Sat 8am-6pm, Sundays 12:30-6pm
- 1801 Yorkmont Road - near airport/Billy Graham Pkwy
- What makes it special? Craft market on Saturdays, city's largest, operated by NC Dept of Agriculture
- Tuesday and Friday 7am-7pm, Saturday 7am-3pm
- Intersection S Kings Drive & East Morehead Street - Myers Park
- What makes it special? Friendly staff, affordable, simple setup
- Tues 10am-7pm, Wed-Fri 10am-2pm, Saturday 9am-2pm
- 2104 South Blvd - South End
- What makes it special? Said to be area's "nicest," only allows local vendors
- Saturdays 7:15am-noon
- 188 North Trade Street - downtown Matthews
- What makes it special? Open year round, great variety, has meat and poultry
Other local markets include Huntersville Market, Center City Green, Mecklenburg County, Mint Hill, Elizabeth Ave and more..
Shop local. Support your town. And get healthy!