As your expert Agent for Wessex Square, I am a little bias, but the Wessex Square neighborhood is undoubtedly a Charlotte gem. The abundance of cul-de-sacs, tree-shaded streets, and the fantastic schools make Wessex Square the perfect place to land your nest. Here are some characteristics of Wessex Square:
- Approx. 241 homesites, not too big and not too small
- 14 (yes, that's fourteen) cul-de-sacs, that's a lot of tricycle riding space
- Zoned for Olde Providence Elementary, Carmel Middle, & Myers Park High School, which are ranked among the best in Charlotte
- Located near the corner of Colony & Rea, where construction is in progress to make it an efficient 4 lane highway
- .6 miles from Colony Place, a shopping center with a Harris Teeter, restaurants, FroYo, a dry cleaner, and more
- Centrally located, 6 minutes to I485, 11 minutes to Ballantyne, 10 minutes to South Park, and 25 minutes to Uptown
So, how's the market in Wessex Square? Affordable. Median home price is $247,000 as of July 2013. Prices have only risen about 5% in the last year, compared to the Charlotte average of 11.5%. As interest rates continue to rise, now is the time to buy. Looking for a great first home? Look no further than Wessex Square. Email Sami MacDonald today for a list of all Active properties.