Top 5 first time home buyer neighborhoods.
The abundance of Greenways, proximity to shopping and amenities, great schools, churches, and more all contribute to what make Charlotte a great place for first time buyers to live. It is so easy to find something that fits any lifestyle and situation. Here's a peek at Sami MacDonald's Top 5 First Time Homebuyer Neighborhoods. These are based on proximity, reputation, schools, and a little personal preference.
- Madison Park - Your classic ranch neighborhood with lots of brick, this hood is in a prime location. Madison Park is the proud first neighborhood for many first time home buyers and has hundreds of homes in a wide range of prices.
- Wessex Square - A John Crosland development built in the 80's, this neighborhood is one of the most affordable spots in one of Charlotte's best school districts. Most of these traditional homes feature hardboard siding and brick.
- Average Price: $255,000
- Distance to Uptown: 24 minutes
- Known For: walkability to Olde Providence Elementary School, prime South Park location, lots of cul-de-sacs, huge flat backyards
- NoDa (The Arts District) - NoDa, short for North Davidson, is an old mill town that is being transformed into an urbanite haven. You'll find no shortage of cute bungalows and character in this hood.
- Average Price: $219,000
- Distance to Uptown: 10 minutes
- Known For: Great breweries, trendy restaurants, lots of dogs, and fun nightlife
- Greenbriar - So close to Matthews, yet not quite there, this neighborhood is a perfect suburb without being too far from town. Homes are super affordable, yet well cared for, and in a fabulous school district.
- Average Price: $137,000
- Distance to Uptown: 29 minutes
- Known For: Wooded lots, proximity to downtown Matthews and great schools.
- Biddleville - This Historic District is the classic "up and coming neighborhood." Homes are being purchased by investors, rebuilt or remodeled, with the intention to sell them to owner occupants. The finishes on the homes are pristine and the views of the Charlotte Skyline are hard to beat.
- Average Price: $181,000
- Distance to Uptown: 6 minutes
- Known For: Views of Skyline, adorable renovated bungalows, Historic District, home to Johnson C. Smith University