Every once in a while trendiness meets affordability when it comes to decor. Houzz, a home design website, took a recent poll to find out what type of bathroom upgrades people most desire in a home. The results were much less expensive than you would think. Here are 5 of the top (affordable) bathroom upgrades that will get your house sold... or for your own enjoyment.
1. Skylights. Both functional and attractive, this upgrade will do wonders to jaw-drop buyers and to provide for some extra ventilation. Not to mention the natural light that is so often needed when applying makeup in the bathroom. Certain skylights (i.e. Energy Star Certified No Leak Solar Powered Fresh Air) are pros when it comes to efficiency by reducing moist air, allowing natural light to seep in, and more.
2. Shower Foot Rest. Yes, you read that right. This inexpensive upgrade can add practicality to a shower and make it feel just a little more luxurious. Suction cup foot rests can be found for under $20, while other more steady options can be screwed into the stall for just a bit higher cost.
3. Dual Flush Toilet. What does this even mean? You might ask. Dual flush toilets save water usage with 2 different levers, light flush and full flush, depending on the amount of water needed to flush for each use. They hold, on average, 20% less water than a normal toilet and can save up to $99 per year in water cost.*
4. Lighted Vanity Mirrors. With several lighting sources (LED, CFL, or incandescent) and shapes to choose from and easy DIY installation, these are a no-brainer for a quick sale bathroom makeover. Provide a lighted reflection and give your bathroom a spa feel, it's a win-win.
5. Towel Warmers. Who isn't freezing after stepping out of the shower? Towel warmers come in a variety of forms - plug in, hardwired, wall mount and stand-alone. Each provide a warm towel every time you shower.
Originally posted on The Real Estate Book