Sunshine, warmer weather and longer days can only mean one thing: Spring is here!
It's time to get outdoors and get involved in all the community events Charlottehas to offer. A great way to kickstart Spring is to get active by signing up for a local race.
- Elizabeth 8k Road Race- March 21st @ 8am @ The Hawthorne Recreation Center in Independence Park
- Take a scenic tour of the Elizabeth neighborhood with this 5 mile race or sign up for the casual 1.5 run/walk event that is un-timed and just for fun! There's even a Liz Kid's Fun Run for smaller children so bring your family and friends. You can run alone or with a group. Either way you will be supporting the beautification of the Historic Elizabeth Neighborhood.
- Dash for Down Syndrome 5k- March 21st @ 8:30am @ The Blakeney Professional Center
- Support a great cause by running 3.21 miles (vs the standard 3.1) in honor of the 3rd copy of the 21st chromosome present in people with Down syndrome. All proceeds go to the continuing education and information provided to families and individuals with Down Syndrome. If you can't run, volunteer!
- Know Your Craft 5k- April 4th @ 9am @ Triple C Brewing Compnay
- All participants will enjoy a fun after party including live music and beers! Proceeds go to the Project to Heel charity. Project to Heel uses the healing power of dogs to help children and adults with special needs and Veterans who are wounded or disabled. This course is dog friendly so bring your four-legged friend with you and join in on all the action!
- Charlotte Racefest Half Marathon and 10k- April 11th @ 7:30am @ Southpark
- If you are looking for a little more of challenge, sign up for the half marathon at SouthPark. Charlotte RaceFest partners with several charitable organizations including Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Bring a good cheering section with you and cross the finish line for a medal that not only represents your accomplishment but your support for your community.
- Heart of the City 5k- April 18th @ 8am @ First Methodist Church of Charlotte
- This 5k tours the 'heart' of Uptown Charlotte showcasing all that it has to offer the residents who live there. Proceeds benefit First Methodist Church in their efforts to reach out to the community surrounding them whom they serve. In addition to supporting the community, First Methodist Church donates profits to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
Races are a great way to get the whole family outdoors while supporting local charities. Sign-up now!