Have you ever seen a home that was only on the market for one day? Did you wonder how it sold so quickly? What attracted the buyers so much? There are many factors that go into buying and selling a home and a lot are attributed to personal preference but one sure way to make your home stand out is staging.
Staging is the process of making your home look as aesthetically appealing as possible and it truly does make a difference. Most sellers know to clean their home and fix items that are obviously needing repairs before putting their home on the market but here are a few extra tips to set your home apart from the rest:
- Paint. This is one of the most cost-effective improvements a homeowner can make that goes a long way when it comes to selling their home. Choose neutral colors like grey and beige. This gives the home a more uniform, clean and classic look that will appeal to multiple potential buyers as they envision themselves living there.
- De-clutter. Create more visual space by removing excess items or by removing a few pieces of furniture. You can donate or sell items you no longer need or just store things away to better showcase countertops, living space, closets etc.
- Convert. All rooms should be brought back to their original purpose. If you used a spare bedroom as a secondary living area or bonus room, converting the room back to it's original purpose gives the home a layout that will make sense to a potential buyer when they are looking at all your home has to offer.
- Replace. Change all the light bulbs in your home with the highest wattage possible. You will want to have all your lights on for every showing so having a light bulb that can really illuminate a room is key.
- Landscape. Trim shrubs or plant colorful flowers to enhance the outside look of your home. Curb appeal matters.
Remember, looks do make a difference. Hire a professional to get the job done right and to help prioritize tasks. Use these simple tips and get your home ready for the market in no time!