Charlotte is one of the biggest cities in the southeast. As a result, there is always a ton to do! Now that the weather is warmer and the days are longer, there are outdoor activities galore. Below is a list of upcoming outdoor events in the Charlotte area for the month of May:
- Piedmont Town Center- Located in Southpark, this town center is hosting it's 1st annual Cocktails and Concerts Event. Every Friday, from 7-11pm, you can enjoy a variety of beverages while listening to live music. Parking is free and the atmosphere is casual so get a good start to your weekend by joining in on the fun! The last scheduled concert for this event is May 15th so check it out while it lasts. For more information please visit: Piedmont Town Center
- U.S. National Whitewater Center- USNWC hosts a weekly concert series Thursday and Saturday nights from May-September for River Jam. From 7-10pm, you can enjoy a relaxing evening outdoors with great food and craft beer. River Jam is a free event however there is a $5 parking fee. Bring your friends, family, co-workers and pets! For more information visit: USNWC
- South End- Every Friday, 5-9pm, the Historic Southend holds Food Truck Friday. Rain or shine this event takes place and parking is limited so plan ahead! Bring an outdoor chair to lounge in and your appetite as you will want to taste some of the best food Charlotte has to offer! For more information please visit: Historic South End
- Romare Bearden Park- Enjoy the views of uptown while listening to live music every Wednesday at Romare Bearden Park for their event, Party in the Park. From 6-9pm, enjoy the sounds of music ranging from jazz to country with friends and family. Bring your own lawn chair or blanket to enjoy the sights and sounds (bringing your own food is welcome too!). For more information please visit: Uptown Charlotte
- BB&T Ballpark- If music isn't your thing, catch a baseball game in Uptown and watch the Charlotte Knights hit a couple home-runs! If you're looking for a weekend home game, the Knights will be in their hometown the weekend of May 15th-16th and May 29th-30th. Friday night games have an awesome fireworks show after the game so make sure you stay the whole time. For more information please visit: Charlotte Knights
Now that April Showers have passed, get outside and enjoy the sun and all that the great city of Charlotte has to offer!